Sunday, October 08, 2006

I had a weird dream

If I believed in dreams, I would think someone is trying to tell me something here.

I was walking on the sidewalks of my old university after having dropped a friend somewhere in the campus. It was a sunny day. I was heading towards my office and there was a steep hill on my way. I went for it with great energy and after three or four steps couldn't go any further. I took a deep breath and tried to continue walking. I fell. I tried to stand up and fell again. I couldn't figure out what was going on, and sat there on the ground, puzzled. An old car came by, and as it approached I recognized three Microsoft coworkers in it. They asked me:

- Where are you going?
- To the office.
- But that's not the right direction. You should go the opposite way.
- Ahn... Oh yeah, you're right. I was just going back the way I came, I wasn't thinking.
- We can give you a ride.
- That's very convenient, thanks.
Then a Chinese girl in the car asked me what I was doing there.
- I don't know, I just fell there.
- Oh, I thought you were enjoying the sun, taking the right kind of light for your skin.
- Huh?
- You know, the one that matches your bathroom color. Or the color of your sword.
- The color of my sword? I don't even have a sword!

And then I woke up.

If I believed in dreams, I would probably buy a sword.

No comments: